Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's Been a While

So I haven't posted an entry in a while and there's a reason to that. Last week was so busy. Let's start with last Friday night. I live in a dorm at school, and my roommate was home to eat dinner with her family, and my one of my suitemates went home to be with her boyfriend.. So I watched movies with my other two stuitemates. But one wasn't feeling that well. So we just let her sleep. She had a really bad cough, and a slight fever. But by the time she wanted to go to health services it was closed. So fastforward to the next morning. She comes in my room and wants to go to breakfast and health services. So we go to breakfast and she barely eats anything. Then at health services she finds out that she has the flu. Now, they're not testing for H1N1 at my school, so she could have that. So they give her a ton of medicine and tell her she has to come back in 24 hours. So all day she watches even more movies and rests. Now the next day is when her roommate, my suitemate, comes back sick as a dog. Who comes back to a college dorm sick?? So they're both sleeping all day. Their 3rd roommate and me and my roommate are freaking out about getting sick. And then I start getting a cough that night.

This was not a good week for me to get sick. I have another week of tests, exams, and quizzes. So I take some vitamins and hope for the best. Monday I'm just coughing. Tuesday morning I had class at 8 and picked my classes for next semester, and then had an essay in history to write. That's what I was stressing the most about. Then Wednesday I woke up and felt horrible and took Alka-Seltser Flu stuff. It just make me wicked tired so after math and my computer test I went back to my room and tried to sleep. I called out of dance for that night and the next night. I called my mom and she could tell I was sick because I had no voice. She told me to go to health services. But I was too tired. I just wanted to sleep.

Thursday morning I had a nutrition exam and I'm not doing the best in that class so I tried to study but I was just so exhausted. I woke up grabbed a pop-tart and went to class to take the exam. About 20 minutes into the exam I started not feeling well. I look around and everything's going dark. I try to the the TAs attention, because it's a lecture class and I'm sitting in the front, and I say I'm not feeling well. I get up to go to the bathroom. I try walking up the stairs but I couldn't really control my legs. Then once I get out of the room I just collapse and hit a wall. The TA comes running out the room, helps me up and takes me to the bathroom. I don't remember going to the bathroom, just waking up there. I had passed out for like 10 seconds. Then I got sick, thankfully not over myself of the TA, I knew enough to cover my mouth. So they called the rescue for me. And I got to go to the hospital.

At the hospital I call my mom and she leaves on work to come and visit me. I only live 30 minutes away from school so it wasn't too bad. At the hospital they hook me up to all the monitors and I get an IV. It was scary. I've never been admitted to the hospital or even fainted before. So they just tell me with the stress of the test, and being sick that I was dehydrated and just had a fainting spell. So I get to go home and drink lots of water.

So much for going to class, taking the exam, and sleeping the rest of the day because my history class had already been canceled. I got to take a side trip to the hospital.

So now I'm home, because I knew that I'm wasn't going to get better staying at a germ infested dorm building. My roommate texted me Thursday and told me that our other suitemate has been diagnosed with the Flu. So everyone but my roommate is sick. It's so sucky. And we have classes Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday next week. Although I'm not going Wednesday because my math class has already been canceled and I'm not staying on campus just to go to a French class that's going to be empty because it's full of upperclassmen.

So, that's my story of the past week. Sorry it's kind of long. I just wanted to catch you guys up. And if you're sick at school. Don't go to class and drink lots of fluids.

No comments:

Post a Comment