Saturday, October 17, 2009

Answers and Schedules

Margo, the Disney representative emailed me back a couple of days ago. So here are the questions I asked and her answers.

1. Do you recommend being a hospitality major in order to get the role of hospitality or conciege in the program?
We definitely look for students majoring in a related major or with prior experience.

2. What percent of students who apply get in the program?
I couldn’t give you that number. It is very competitive but please do not let that deter you. We take a good number of students each semester.

3. What percent of students get their number one role? Number two? Number three?
Again, I couldn’t give you that number.

4. What percent of students repeat the program?
A lot…I’ve done 5!

5. What percent of students go on to do Professional Internships?
A good majority…most of our PI’s require that you are an alumni so most students that go through the program go directly for a PI or do one right after graduation.

I also have a question about your programs specifically. You said that you did the program 3 times and did 2 professional internships. How long did it take you to complete college? I am planning to apply for the Fall '10 program which would be my first semester sophomore year. I want to do it so early in case I want to do the program again or do professional internships. I just don't want to be in college forever.

I did not take any semesters off although I would have loved to. My school did not give any credit and there was not guarantee that I would get back in if I left; you fortunately do not have that issue. When I did the program forever ago in ’98, they recruited for summer but that was the last year they did. Since I had done the program in ’98 I was eligible to continue on for summers so I did all summers and the 2 PI’s were following graduation. So I took 5 years to graduate by choice. I could have done it in 4 but chose to slow down.
Hope that helps!



Right now I'm trying to figure out my schedule for next semester. Because I'm a freshman we have to meet with our advisor to talk about what classes we will take before we can actually sign up for them. It's kind of annoying. But I do have some classes about what classes we can take. Because I'm a Business Major I have some requirements. But Freshman year is mainly about getting your gen-eds out of the way, so that's what I'm trying to do. But their are SO many choices that I can take and they don't all fit with my classes. Also I'd like to sleep past 8am everyday. This semester I've had 8 am classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and 9 am classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Hopefully I'll get good times next semester. We'll find out November 17th when I can pick them.

No comments:

Post a Comment