Saturday, September 26, 2009

Introductions

Hey everyone. My name's Molly. Right now I'm a freshman at the University of Rhode Island. I've lived in Rhode Island my entire life, which is 17 (almost 18) years. I've been to Walt Disney World 9 times and am going on my 10th trip in January. This blog is mainly going to be about me and the Disney College Program for Walt Disney World. I am going to apply for Fall '10 so I have a bit of waiting to do. In 2 weeks I'm going to go to a DCP presentation even though it's still for the Spring applicants. This way I can ask the representatives my questions now and then once the e-presentation goes online in January-ish I can watch it ASAP with no worries or big questions. This will mean that hopefully I'll be one of the first ones to hear back about my admission in the program.

I chose to do Fall '10 instead of a Spring '10 for 3 reasons. The first reason is because I want to finish my freshman year at my school. Right now I'm about 30 minutes away from home and still I come home once a week because I still take dance lessons but that's another story for another day. So if I do Fall '10 then I'd have a full year of school done. The second reason is that I don't want to be in the Florida heat when it's crazy hot. I know that the Fall program goes from August to early January. I'd rather have my program go from really really hot to Florida "cold" than go from cold to HOT. Also I want to do it my sophomore year of college so that if I enjoy the program I'd be able to either do it again at a later point in my college career or have time to do a Professional Internship, but that's a wicked long time from now.

So the presentation that I'm going to is at Bristol Community College in Massachusetts, it's about an hour away from campus. I'm going Wednesday October 7th which is 4 days away from my 18th birthday. I've already started making a list of questions that I hope are either answered in the presentation or that I can ask some of the reps.

So hopefully I keep posting in the blog but who knows. I probably won't update all the time until it gets closer to my applying, and then all the posts about me waiting to hear about the status of my application. This will be a much more exciting blog around January but I figured I'd start it now.

So that's it for now.
Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment